Vocational Options is a two year course designed for young people who have not yet decided which type of employment they wish to pursue and would like to explore different options. Students on this course have the opportunity to explore four possible career paths: Cafe and Retail, Catering, Facilities Management and Horticulture.
Students will have the opportunity to attend a work placement in each of these areas across the two year course.
• Purpose built learning cafe
• Horticulture area
• Catering room
• Various facilities management opportunities across college site
Applicants should be able to demonstrate that they have the potential for employment and that they intend to pursue this in life after college. They should have already taken part in some work experience. Where appropriate, applicants should be willing to undertake independent travel training. Applicants to this course should not already hold a relevant qualification above Entry Level 2.
• Core Curriculum on two days per week
• Vocational Tasters on two days per week
• One day per week of enrichment activitie
• Access to six-week external work placements at an employer close to the college
Throughout the week, all students will attend at least two different work placements for 6 weeks at an employer close to the College
● ‘NOCN Employability Skills Entry Level Certificate’
● ‘NOCN Functional Skills Entry Level English and Maths qualifications’
Vocational Training course at Great Oaks College
A local college course